Just after Christmas, I bought six old church chairs for a song (or should that be a hymn?). I liked the idea of painting them each a different colour – so we would kind of have a mis-matching set of kitchen chairs. So I bought a selection discontinued bright coloured paint from Cath Kidston with the intention of painting them that weekend… and then we started decorating the whole flat instead.
However last week I decided it was time to dig out the paint and get going. I’ve only done three so far (it also turns out some of the paint is ‘furniture paint’ as opposed to gloss furniture paint so I’ll need to varnish them too) but I think they’re looking pretty good so far. They also look really good with the future map in the background too – so looks like that will make it into the kitchen as well.