Is it wrong to be feeling this festive so early in December? Last night I decorated my two Xmas trees (yes, we’ve gone a bit crazy and got a huge 7ft one for the living room and a little pudgy one to go outside the front door).
Tonight, I’m going to drink mulled wine, eat mince pies and watch It’s A Wonderful Life with a friend who’s never seen it before. (Is it weird that I’m so excited for her?!)
I think this year’s OTT-ness is do with the fact that last year we didn’t really ‘do’ Xmas – so we’re making up for it this year!
So I thought for this ‘Friday I’m in love’ I’d share some of my favourite Xmas movies. (We watch these every year in the run-up to Xmas to get into the spirit of things.) Hope you enjoy them x
1. It’s A Wonderful Life… see this at a cinema if you can!
2. Muppet’s Christmas Carol… Michael Caine’s best role in my opinion!
3. Nightmare Before Xmas… it always makes me laugh that Jack Skeleton doesn’t know what snow is but he does know what a snowball is… still absolutely brilliant though!
4. I love Elf… especially this scene!
5. Not for kids this one… me and the OH cried with laughter when we saw this at the cinema.
6. Bernard and the Genie… I recorded this off the TV when I was little and have watched it every Christmas since. These were the only 2 clips I could find of it… but it’s brilliant… if you ever come across it, buy it on the spot!
Happy Festive Friday everyone x